Many people enjoy having fun and staying in touch with friends and acquaintances via social media. However, social media sites can also give your funeral business a big boost. They are not a waste of time, either, if you know how to use them properly. The 8 tips that follow contain tips, tricks and techniques you can apply for optimal usage of social media for your funeral business.
1. Make the Most of YouTube – YouTube can be a great tool for attracting visitors, and yes even for the funeral industry. Millions of people are on YouTube each hour of every day, this can potentially attract millions of people towards you so it’s never a bad idea to market here. More visitors can boost your sales if they know about your products or services. An example of a mortician who has been successful with YouTube is Caitlin Doughty, she has gained many viewers by creating her channel called Ask a Mortician.
2. Enable Commenting and Social Sharing – Provide your readers with the opportunity to comment and share your material. These functions allow visitors to let their networks know they were impressed with your site. Many people are curious about death and want to read your material. Share it.
3. Engage with your Visitors – Answer as many questions people throw your way as possible. Look for comments every time you log on.
4. Little Promotion is Encouraged – If you want people to be interested in the social media marketing campaign you’re running, have specials that people can take advantage of by adding you onto these social media sites. If you have compelling merchandise, go for it. When people see your unique deals on their Facebook home page, they will surely want to follow you. They may also encourage their friends and connections to follow you as well. Just never promote too much or else that will be a huge turn off and be considered as spam.
5. Never Boast – Consistently keep an attitude of humility in all your social media content. If you appear to boastful or arrogant, people will not be be drawn to your or your business. No matter how big or important your company is, your followers will show their displeasure. Never express the opinion that you are more important or powerful than your customers and followers. If it weren’t for them, you would be out of business.
6. Utilize LinkedIn – Make sure your blog postings appear as part of your LinkedIn page by using its blog feed function. This allows your post to appear as an update on your LinkedIn page. This will allow you to save time and you’ll enjoy more exposure on LinkedIn.
7. Keep Track of What you are Doing – When dealing with social media marketing, you have to keep track of everything you’re doing. It is important to generate statistics of the activity produced and the number of followers gained on a weekly basis. When you can make the connection between your actions and results, it will become easier to create a more effective marketing strategy. If you aren’t keeping track of the results, you can’t possibly know what’s working and what’s not.
8. Broadcast your New Content – After you publish the new content on your blog, alert your followers to the new information through your social media outlets. This will link to your followers in the social media that there is new and interesting content available for them to read about.
The potential gains to be made through social media sites are huge. Many people register on social media sites every day, and if you market your site with them, you will reach a wider audience. You should now know how you can use social media websites to market your product or service effectively. Choose the social media websites you’re most interested in working with at first, and get started!